New Speaker Series to Inform Parents

Mr. Adam Baber

Phyllis Fagell delivers an important speech. At the last Speaker Series on October 16 she gave a very important message of how parents can better connect with their sons.

The McQuaid Jesuit Principal Speaker Series is a new addition for parents of high school students to further prepare their sons for college, benefit them in their faith, and enhance their maturity and liveliness in the family.

The speaker series was added into the McQuaid Jesuit life by Principal Adam Baber.  He hopes to strengthen the bond between the parents and teachers. This is possible through opening opportunities and giving parents access to informative speakers.

There will be three events occurring. The first is Dr. Robert Bonfiglio, the vice president of student and campus life at SUNY Geneseo. The second is Dr. Chris Pramuk, the Associate Professor of Theology at Xavier University. The third and final speaker is John Engels, the President at Leadership Coaching, Inc.

Coming in early 2018, Dr. Robert Bonfiglio will be speaking about student and campus life.  Mr. Baber believes that with Bonfiglio’s years of experience, he will be able to “speak to the challenges of life as a college student, including social life, navigating relationships with professors and others, and time management.” He also believes that Bonfiglio’s speech will be interesting for any parent of a student headed for college.

With a message of an Ignatian spirituality and faith in the modern era, Dr. Chris Pramuk will be the next to speak. Dr. Pramuk is said to be an excellent teacher and speaker.  Mr. Baber said, “He has a wonderful ability to fuse art, music, and spirituality in an inspiring way.”

The last speaker is Mr. John Engles; he will be talking about leadership in the family and throughout our lives. Engles also focuses on how we can incorporate becoming a leader in everything we do. Mr. Baber hopes the presentation will answer questions about how a family can bear witness to values, character, and hope “in an age when we’re busy, distracted, and more self-centered.”

Thanks to Mr. Baber and these speakers, The McQuaid Jesuit community has a great opportunity to inform parents about how they can help advance their children.