The Wegman Center: Three Years in Review

The Wegman Family Science and Technology Center is one of McQuaid Jesuit High School’s most recent additions to the campus, and it’s hard to fathom that it has been used by students, faculty, and staff for over 3 years.

With a construction period spanning from October 2016 to November of 2017, the vast thirty-nine thousand square foot building is directly adjoined to the dated building built in 1954, which had previously housed all of McQuaid Jesuit’s classes – STEM included.

I remember being excited for an addition to the school and thought that the photos of what it would look like were pretty nice,” says Nic Bailey, ‘22.

The Wegman Center spans two floors, houses 10 classrooms and labs, as well as office spaces for faculty working in that part of the building, all centered around the spacious atrium where students can socialize or do school work. Both the interior and the exterior are bastions of modernity, with even an outdoor commons area.

Over three years later, one might ask, “How has the Wegman Center held up?”

It is still just as good as before…I believe it’s served its intended purpose,” Bailey added, “…I like the modernity of its architecture and design.”

Three entire school years have passed with the Wegman Center being well-used, the student body being clearly satisfied and their expectations exceeded by this fantastic addition to McQuaid Jesuit, which will hopefully go on to serve countless students and enable their academic progress.