McQuaid Students Look Foward to Summer

Many McQuaid students have interesting and fun things planned for this upcoming summer. Some McQuaid students are preparing for their fall sports, which begin practicing during early August. Other McQuaid students are taking summer classes, writing their college essays, and taking the SAT. But most of all, McQuaid students are relaxing and recharging this summer after a long and unprecedented school year. 

The McQuaid football team will be having summer workouts periodically throughout the summer. With these workouts and beginning practice in early August, sports are definitely a big commitment that these students are making. 

“I am looking to get into the weight room and to get ready for this upcoming football season,” says McQuaid linebacker Max Newcomb ‘22. 

Many will agree that this school year felt longer than past years. With social distancing and masks, teachers and students can not wait to have a break.

“It’s been a really long school year and I’m just looking to relax, hang out with friends, and enjoy this nice weather,” says Newcomb. 

If COVID-19 vaccine numbers continue to climb then we are in good shape to have a normal upcoming school year without any masks or social distancing.