OnCampus is On Its Way

OnCampus from Blackbaud will be McQuaids learning management system starting in September.

OnCampus from Blackbaud will be McQuaid’s learning management system starting in September.

Schoology has been McQuaid Jesuit’s Learning Management system for reporting grades and contacting teachers over the past few years. While Schoology has done a serviceable job, next year it is getting the boot.

Five years ago, McQuaid decided to use Schoology, but as McQuaid uses more and more Blackbaud products, they have decided to use OnCampus.

“It ties very seamlessly with the Advancement offices, and over the five years they have made incredible improvements to surpass Schoology,” registrar Mrs. Maureen McGinn said.

OnCampus will be McQuaid’s new system, and students should be elated. It has numerous capabilities that Schoology did not, making student life easier. First, students’ schedules will be on the app and will display tardies and absences. It can report JUGs to the students as well.

Mrs. McGinn and Technology Director Mr. Michael Crockett explained that it should be extremely easy to use, especially for returning students who have used Schoology. They will also have seminars during the summer for parents to learn the system.

Schoology has been McQuaid’s learning management system for the past five years.

“You have used Schoology before. It’s not hard to use, and it’s similar to any Learning Management system you’ve used,” Mr. Crockett said.

OnCampus is much more streamlined for students. It provides all the great things Schoology has, like the ability to contact teachers and find assignments, but it makes it much easier to do so. In each class it lists the roster of students and the teacher’s information. It will be much easier to find than it is on Schoology. There will be a hub strictly for assignments, making it easier to find homework for the next day, while not being jumbled up with the School’s updates.

It also allows you to sync with your Google Calendar, so your classes will be on your calendar as well as On Campus. On Campus will also update your calendar if anything changes.

On Campus will be great for students because grade and course changes will be much easier to facilitate. It also has a hub for the students that gives them the availability to see what Honor Roll they are on. Student schedules for Early Dismissal days and Assembly days will also be automatically updated.

Teachers will also be able to see what the students in their class have on a certain day. This will help with student workload as teachers can change due dates and tests accordingly.

Mr. Crockett and Mrs. McGinn are available for anyone with questions about the new LMS.