Once a Knight, Always a Knight. McQuaid or Vegas!

@ChicagoSteel Twitter

Dugan celebrates after making big play with Chicago Steel of the USHL.

Jack Dugan, a former McQuaid Jesuit hockey player, is seeing much success in the world of college and professional hockey.  Dugan’s player rights were recently secured by the Las Vegas Golden Knights, and he has verbally committed to Providence College for next season.

After leaving McQuaid, Dugan joined the Northwood School in Lake Placid, NY, and was named to the United States High School All USA Hockey, third team.  Today, Jack is the top scorer on the leaderboard of the United States Hockey League Chicago Steel.

USHL Communications Coordinator Kevin Meyers recently tweeted, “Dugan won’t stop scoring and leads the USHL with eight points on six goals and two assists.”

Growing up in a family of four children, Mr. Joseph Dugan, a McQuaid English teacher and Jack’s older brother, remembers his younger brother as being “a very talented player with a lot of potential who always pushed himself.  In his sophomore and junior years, Jack had a pretty good idea that he wanted to play hockey at a higher level,” said Mr. Dugan. He transferred to the Northwood School  in the hopes of being noticed.  Mr. Joseph Dugan also played hockey at McQuaid Jesuit and went on to play collegiate hockey for the Washington & Jefferson College Presidents.  He fondly remembers playing hockey with his brothers.

In the fifth round of the National Hockey League draft, Jack’s player rights were secured by the Las Vegas Golden Knights with the 142nd overall pick.  Jack is verbally committed to Providence College, a Division 1 team, for the 2018 to 2019 season.  As a McQuaid knight, in the 2014 to 2015 season, Jack Dugan was the top goal scorer.

Mr. Matthew Thomas, the Athletic Director of McQuaid Jesuit, remembers Jack. “I knew Jack had the talent to play at the next level, so it was more of a question of whether that was something that Jack wanted to do.  As he continued to get better, I think his goal of playing in the National Hockey League became more of a reality for him” he said.

Jack Dugan is achieving every young athlete’s dream of moving from a high school team to playing at the collegiate and ultimately a professional level.  Mr. Thomas speaks on behalf of the McQuaid Jesuit community when he says, “We are very happy with Jack’s continued success as a hockey player and a student.  His hard work, sacrifice and determination to get drafted this past summer reflect the values and ideals of McQuaid Jesuit athletics.  We wish him nothing but the best as he continues his career as a student-athlete.”